It’s a great day to be a Bronco…in Lansing!

WSA board members at the SAM conference!

Hey Broncos!

I am spending this weekend in Lansing at a Student Association of Michigan Conference! I am part of WMU’s student government, the Western Student Association. This past year, my sophomore year, I was University Pride chair and coordinated various pride initiatives such as Western Wednesdays. I was recently appointed to be the Student Affairs chair for next year, and am super excited about it.

Each month, every public university in Michigan sends delegates from student government to represent their university at SAM. This is my first time going, and it’s really cool to be a part of something so large. There are four of us from WMU here this weekend. We’ve been brainstorming ideas about how our universities can save money, and how to improve higher education over all.

It’s such a unique experience, and definitely something I would have never had the opportunity to be a part of if it weren’t for coming to school at Western. It’s really cool to be networking with student leaders from all over the state, and it’s pretty interesting to learn how their universities work.

The weather has been really nice in Kalamazoo, just in time for freshman Orientation. I am getting super excited for Involvement Zone! The WSA and Hillel tables are always so much fun.  While at work this week, I called numerous students who are really excited for Orientation. A few even asked about Hillel! Involvement Zone at Orientation starts this Tuesday, and I cannot wait.

Enjoy the warm weather and remember to wear sunscreen! :)

It’s a GREAT day to be a Bronco,

Erin