September Craziness

Hey everybody! This month has been crazy. I don’t think I have ever been this busy in my entire life. Between the high holidays, Bronco bash, sorority recruitment, and homecoming being next week, it will be a relief when October comes :)

Hillel had our first freshman mixer last week and it went great. The event was a coffee mixer. It started out a little rocky because the place I planned it at called me a few hours before the actual event to tell me all the beverage machines were broken. I thought I would have to cancel the program but instead we moved it to Bigby’s on campus and it was great. Almost 20 freshmen came!

The next day three of the Hillel freshman helped me plan a breaking the fast dinner for Yom Kippur. It’s so exciting that so many of the freshman want to help out. We went to services and then shopping for food for the holiday and then broke the fast. Lots of new students came which is always exciting.

Next week is Homecoming and Hillel is forming a team. Hillel nominated me to be on Homecoming court for them which is such an honor. I interviewed on Monday and find out today if I got on. I am so nervous for either answer and just want to find out :0 I am up against several of my sorority sisters and several of my co-workers. It is so nerve racking but so exciting. Either way I am excited for Hillel to participate.

This week is sorority formal recruitment as well so I’m just busy busy busy. It’s been a lot of fun so far, but the days are very long. I know it will be worth it though!

Have a great week everyone. Stay dry from the rain!

It’s a GREAT day to be a Bronco,
Erin