So I’m running for Student-body President…..

Hellllllllo Broncos!

This week has been absolutely crazy. It started Monday when everyone was saying that school would be canceled on Wednesday. I ignored it for several hours until I realized it was probably true. I had a minor freak-out because Wednesday was supposed to be the most important day of my life for two reasons:

1.) I had planned an Open Forum with Dr. Dunn, our university President, through WSA student government for that day, and
2.) I was going to declare my candidacy for student-body president.

So when I woke up Wednesday morning and school was officially canceled, I had to cancel the forum. Luckily, our university president Dr. Dunn is really amazing and understanding, and was willing to reschedule. I love the fact that at WMU, it is considered completely normal to have a conversation and pizza with even the highest administrators.

I wasn’t sure what I was going to do about the fact that WSA was cancelled, since I was set on declaring that day. So, I drove through the 16 inches of snow to campus and shot my declaration video right outside. It ended up being SUPER cool. So having no school ended up being okay. I have to say, I am probably the only college student who doesn’t enjoy snow days.

Other than WSA, this semester has been going really well. I really like my classes. In my Product Development class for my fashion minor, I am in a group of five students working to design a mock fashion-line and target market. I love the opportunity to be creative. I also love my honors Leadership class. It is amazing how great some of the discussions we have in my class.

This weekend I think I am going to volunteer for Drive Safe Kalamazoo, one of my favorite things to do on weekends. There is a perspective Bronco from Chicago visiting who heard about Hillel, so me and some other students are taking her out to dinner and showing her around WMU.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!

It’s a GREAT day to be a Bronco,
Erin