Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute at Indiana University

Hey everyone!

I recently returned from a national Greek Life conference at Indiana University. The conference was absolutely life-changing. It was really exciting to stay in the Alpha Omicron Pi house at in Bloomington because as a member of AOII, I live in the Alpha Omicron Pi house in Kalamazoo. The house there has room for 105 girls to live—more than triple the size of mine! It’s crazy how different Greek Life is just one state away.

I drove there with one of my sorority sisters and two girls who are in Greek Life at a different school in Michigan. I figured the four of us would stay close all week, but it was easy to branch out to everyone else, especially my roommates and mock chapter.

There were 75 students in attendance at the conference, and about 20 professional facilitators who work as Greek Life professionals on different campuses across the country. We were put into mock Greek Life chapters of about a dozen people. My mock chapter was an amazing experience, and I was very inspired by those in my group.
Everyone had a different story and a different reason they joined Greek life.

I am interested in going into Student Affairs, so the conference gave me a good perspective of what it would be like to work for Greek life at any university. We learned a lot about values within Greek letter organizations. It made me really proud of my values and proud to be a member of the Greek community. I am glad that I attended and learned all that I did. It was a great experience that I will never forget.

For anyone who is leaning toward joining a Greek-letter organization, I highly recommend it. There are countless opportunities for leadership, growth, team building, and learning.

Our Greek Life website is www.wmich.edu/greeks for anyone who is interested.

It’s a GREAT day to be a Bronco,
Erin