RSO Leadership Conference

Hey Broncos! Hope everyone at a great ending to their Summer II semester.

This weekend I attended the second annual Registered Student Organization Leadership Conference hosted by the Student Activities and Leadership Programs office at WMU. I attended on behalf of the Western Student Association (Student Government on campus).

The conference was a lot of fun. Over 100 student leaders from dozens of Registered Student Organizations attended. It was great to network with both new and old leaders from all over campus. The conference took place at the Radisson hotel in beautiful downtown Kalamazoo.

The conference included a case study competition for a cash prize and a grant proposal competition for programming funds. It was awesome to watch different RSOs work together for the first time and plan collaborative programs. Each attendee was able to chose several sessions to end about leadership. I attended one on networking, time management, facilitating a group, and my favorite one, “It’s College: Man Up”.

It was really amazing being able to hear different faculty present about leadership from their different points of view. It was great networking with both student leaders and faculty who I had never met. I recommend that everyone attend this annual conference next August!

Hope everyone is enjoying their last few weeks of summer!

Bronco Pirde,
Erin