Running Through Campus/Kalamazoo

Hey Broncos!

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving break. I’ve been busy—busy running. When I decided in October that I wanted to become a runner, it happened. With the help of my sorority sisters and several coworkers in the Student Ambassadors Program, I have been successful. I even ran three 5K races this month!

I started with Delta Zeta’s (a sorority at WMU) Boo-Dash Halloween Run on campus, then ran the Jingle Bell Run in Portage for the Arthritis Foundation with my sorority sisters, then ran WMU’s Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. This week I am also doing a “Run through the Lights 5K” in downtown Kalamazoo with my sisters as well. The coolest part about running all the 5Ks is that all the money has went to different charities and philanthropic causes. There are so many ways to get involved in the community or with non-profit organizations!

When I am not running through the Vine Neighborhood right off campus or through our Student Recreation Center, I am running in and out of classes and meetings. Finishing the end of the semester is busy busy busy! We have two weeks of school left and then final exams. The Western Student Association and my sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi, are also wrapping things up for the semester. This next two weeks will be about LOTS of reading and studying.

Good luck with your last month of the semester, Broncos!

It’s a great day to be a Bronco,

Erin