Spring Break

Hey Broncos!

I Hope everyone is having an exciting and safe spring break. My spring break has been great so far. My birthday was earlier this week, so I had a birthday dinner with my friends at WMU, then one at home for my friends from home, and then one with my family.
I am spending my spring break working on homework and spending time with friends and family.

The week before spring break was really exciting because I received lots of good news. I was rehired to co-facilitate a First Year Seminar class through the First Year Experience office for next fall. This is a really cool opportunity that I took advantage of two years ago, and I was enrolled in the class as a freshman. I recommend that all first-year students take this class. It is a great way to get to know other first year students and become close with a faculty member as well as a student leader. It is two credits and a lot of fun.

My sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi, nominated me for Greek Woman of the Year, a really special award through the honors Greek society at WMU called Order of Omega. I am really honored to be nominated and am crossing my fingers that I will receive the award.

Last week, I gave my last speech as WSA President to WMU’s Board of Trustees, which was bittersweet. My parents visited WMU to hear me speak, and also attended a WSA meeting. The Board of Trustees and WSA’s senators sang Happy Birthday to me which was very appreciated.

Have a great rest of your spring break, Broncos. Remember to wear your WMU gear in your hometown or on vacation!

It’s a great day to be a Bronco,
Erin