Life finally slows down

Hey Broncos! Can you believe there is less than a month of school left? So crazy to think the semester has gone by so quickly.

Last week, I gave my farewell address as Student Body President and the new President was sworn it. It was both bittersweet and exciting for my term to end. I announced to the Senate that I donated $300, which is ten percent of my compensation for the position, to local non-profit organizations including the Kalamazoo Gospel Mission, the YWCA, WMU’s development office, and more. I am proud of my donation and hope it will become a tradition amongst WSA presidents to donate part of their compensation to charity.

In the past few weeks there have been many on campus events through WSA. We had a Diversity Lock In and higher education rally in Lansing. I attended OUTspoken’s (the LGBTA club on campus) annual Drag Show, and volunteered for Drive Safe Kalamazoo (WMU’s safe ride volunteer organization).

This weekend, two WSA members and myself will be attending an awards ceremony in Lansing to be recognized for volunteer work we do throughout our community. We feel very honored and are excited for the ceremony. The next weekend I have my last state-wide student government conference. There are SO many opportunities for involvement at WMU.

Well Broncos, I am off to give a campus tour. Good luck studying for final exams!

It’s a great day to be a Bronco,

Erin