Summer time in Kalamazoo

Hey Broncos! I hope everyone did well on their finals. I know for me its always a relief to receive my final grades and have done better than I thought I did.

Summer has been great so far. I am training for four 5K races for Kalamazoo nonprofit organizations. I am really excited about them. One is for the SPCA, one is for Girl’s on the Run, one is called a Kalamazoo Mud Run where money is raised to build water wells in Uganda, and the last one is called a color run paint run (paint is thrown on runners every .25 miles!). Running for charity is a great excuse to get into shape.

I am spending WMU’s first summer semester being a Teaching Assistant for a Social Work class where students will community organize with a nonprofit organization called Building Blocks. I loved the class so much last summer that I decided to TA for it this summer, and am also interning with the nonprofit. I am gaining lots of hands on experience and am grateful for that. I am also interning with Hillel at WMU, the Jewish organization on campus during Orientation. Its amazing how when you come to college, lots of organizations want you to intern. In short, college is full of opportunities.

I have been giving tours every day to middle school and high school age students. Its so refreshing to watch perspective students get excited about college. The younger kids ask the funniest questions.

I am off for another run, hope everyone has a great weekend!

It’s a GREAT day to be a Bronco,
Erin