Summer 1 Comes to an End

Summer 1 at WMU has went by SO fast! Between daily tours, daily runs, and lots of volunteering, it feels like this semester just started yesterday. Life has been keeping me busy!

Freshman orientation every night has been a lot of fun. Its been great meeting dozens of incoming Broncos each night at Involvement Zone. Involvement Zone was my favorite part of Orientation because students are able to see many of the Registered Student Organizations we have on campus (and we have over 350!). I have been at the Hillel (Jewish club) table each night.

Being a Teaching Assistant for a Social Work class where students work hand in hand with a nonprofit organization in Kalamazoo called Building Blocks has been a great experience. I took the class last year and loved every minute. Students help allocate grant money to different homes to work on different projects, while applying social work theories. I have been visiting my students “sites” in Kalamazoo to take pictures of their projects as well as videos of their beautification projects. This has been incredible so far!

After three 5Ks in Kalamazoo this summer I have signed up for my last one of summer, the Color Run, in a different city. There is paint everywhere and you start of wearing white and end up being every color of the rainbow. I cannot wait!

I hope everyone has a great rest of Summer 1! Next time I write it will be about an upcoming conference I am attending—stay tuned!

It’s a great day to be a Bronco,
Erin