Lots and lots of preparation…

This is the city that will be my home for four months. So incredible!

In the next few weeks, I feel like there is so much to do to get ready for my trip! It’s a little overwhelming at times, actually. Countdown to takeoff: 29 days!

But in the midst of all the crazy details swimming frantically around in my mind, there are definitely good things happening, too. A few days ago I found out about some additional scholarship money I will receive from WMU’s Lee Honors College for my study abroad adventures, and that makes me 1) so thankful for the support of my university in my endeavors overseas and 2) even more excited to go. Also, last week I had a very relaxing week with my family in the Upper Peninsula on vacation.

Yesterday I took care of a ton of details in preparation to go. I set up a new bank account that I can use over there, applied for a credit card, figured out details for my apartment when I get back, and ordered some pretty sweet luggage. Today I bought a camera that will help me keep you updated with photos from the trip. Later this week I’m planning to shop for clothes and get my immunizations updated. There’s so much going on!

Oh, and addition to everything else this week, I also declared another major. I guess that’s something important that doesn’t happen every day. :) Now, along with my major in Spanish Secondary Education, I’ll also have a major in Mathematics Secondary Education. I’m incredibly excited about it! (Yep, I’m one of those weird people that enjoys math.) But I can put some of that excitement on hold for when I get back from study abroad.

Okay, I think that’s it for today!

Nos vemos,

Mandi