Mi familia español!

It’s been a little while since I’ve posted, but it’s been pretty difficult to come up with things to write about while I’m still here in the United States. However, each day brings me one day closer to the day I leave, so my anticipation is rapidly increasing! This past Friday was my last day of work for the summer, so in the next couple weeks I’ll mainly be spending time with my family and organizing things before I go. It seems like there are so many details to take care of!

I do want to share with you some good news that I received in an email on Friday: I now have my host family! My host mom’s name is Marisol, and she lives only about a 15 minute walk from the University of Burgos. Several of my friends live within walking distance of where I’ll be staying as well, which is great! I emailed Marisol earlier today, so I am very anxious and excited to hear back from her. I can’t wait to meet her, since I’ve heard that the host madres that the university assigns to international students are wonderful. I’m very curious to know whether there will be other family members living with us as well; Marisol’s name was the only one I received. Maybe I’ll have a Spanish hermano or hermana – that would be fun!

Hasta la próxima vez,

Mandi