Mandi the English teacher

I never in my life thought I would enjoy teaching English. Now I do it five days a week, and I love it. For several weeks I have been giving English lessons to two kids on Saturday mornings in their home. In addition to that, I now am volunteering in a local high school, teaching three English classes per day, Monday through Thursday.

Today was my first official day at the high school. I taught two classes of older students in a vocational training program, and then one class of very energetic fourteen year olds. We talked about their perception of American culture, and I also explained American holidays to them. The kids were great, and all of the teachers I’ve met are wonderful, too. It looks like this is going to be such a FUN and REWARDING experience.

As I walked out of the school this morning, I had the biggest smile on my face. Have you ever had the feeling that you couldn’t be enjoying life more, that you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be and that you’re doing exactly what you’re supposed to be doing? I don’t know if that’s a common thing for people to feel, but that’s what I felt today. Actually, that’s the feeling I’ve had very frequently throughout my time in Spain. I’m super, super thankful that I’m here.