Student Affairs Grad School Search: Welcome to the real World

Hey there, Broncos!

I hope everyone is having a chance to enjoy Homecoming 2012! Campus is full of excitement this week and great homecoming court candidates, and of course awesome programs every day and every night.

I have not went to a lot of Homecoming events this year because I have officially began my in-person graduate school search for the perfect Student Affairs graduate program for me. Last night, I stayed with my younger sister in her sorority house at Michigan State University so that today I could attend MSU’s open house for my program. Below, there is a picture of my sister and me after the open house. A student affairs practitioner at WMU graduated from the program there and recommended it to me. I learned a lot and am very excited to continue to the rest of my grad school search. Ultimate goal? Work at WMU one day.

Being in East Lansing for a few days was exciting! My sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi, has a chapter at MSU, so I was able to stop by and chat with the girls. They were so nice. Next, I stopped by the Hillel house to chat with their members (I am in Hillel at WMU).

It’s always nice returning home though, to WMU right where I belong :) I hope everyone stays warm during the football game tomorrow, and good luck the court candidates!

Happy Homecoming & Bronco Pride,
Erin

My sister and me after my MSU grad visit today