Pre-Thanksgiving Break Excitement

Hey Broncos!

This was such an exciting weekend. After running the Turkey Trot 5K, my little sister left Michigan State University to visit me at WMU for the weekend. She had a great time in Kalamazoo. We ate in my favorite cafeteria, Bistro 3, with students from my First Year Seminar class, and got dessert at Waterstreet Coffee (a really awesome local coffee shop).
That night, we went to a local pizza place with my roommates, Martini’s, and then attended OUTspoken’s annual Pride Prom, which is one of my favorite events of the year! It was a great day.

On Sunday I ran my 13th 5K for charity (in 12 months)! It feels so great to be in shape and to be donating money to nonprofit organizations! Every year, my sorority sisters and I run the Jingle Bell Run 5K in Portage through the Arthritis Foundation. It was my second time running it and I had a lot of fun.

Despite all the excitement through WMU’s Registered Student Organizations and through the city of Kalamazoo, I think everyone is ready for Thanksgiving break. I am excited to go home to see family and friends, but will definitely miss all the exciting things there are to do in Kalamazoo.

Have a great Thanksgiving break Broncos!

It’s a GREAT day to be a Bronco,
Erin

AOIIs running the Arthritus Run

AOIIs running the Arthritus Run