December! Huh?

Today is December 4th. Now, you as a reader of this post may not be from Michigan, but let me tell you that December is a stereotypically freezing month here in our mitten state. So this morning, you can imagine my dismay when I woke up late running out of the door, wearing my new sub-zero weather parka, to find it 50 degrees and muggy outside of my door!

I will never understand how people can get into the holiday spirit in warm weather like this. The deprived people of the south! How can they watch movies like A Christmas Story or It’s a Wonderful Life and not feel empty without the blankets of crystals on the ground?

Just this past Sunday, the WMU Choirs and orchestra had our holiday concert. Every three or four years, instead of or typical holiday-themed showcase, we do a performance of an oratorio or other large ensemble choral and orchestral piece. This year, we did Messiah by Handel, and it was performed in Miller Auditorium, our largest performance space here on campus. Performing such a timeless piece in our beautiful theatre has definitely been a highlight of collegiate career!
However, after this uplifting and incredible experience, I walked outside of the theatre – in the pine trees and poinsettias mood – to be clouded with humidity and warm breezes! And this is how people of Florida and Texas feel almost every Christmas! I think this would immensely take away my Christmas cheer.
Regardless of all of this, I am feeling the Christmas excitement and cannot wait to finish up finals. One more week of classes and one of exams, and we are out of here for a month!
I hope you all are having a great end of the semester!

With Bronco Love,
Jazz

PS – Here are a couple of photos from the concert:

View from the stage of the audience! (Isn't Miller HUGE?)View from the stage of the audience! (Isn’t Miller HUGE?)
This is a great view of the stage from the first few rows, so festive!This is a great view of the stage from the first few rows, so festive!