Student Association of Michigan December Conference

Happy Monday Broncos!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent my weekend in Detroit at the December Student Association of Michigan conference. It was really great, we had the opportunity to go ice skating and to dinner in Downtown Detroit. 12 of the 15 Michigan public universities had student government representation, so we were able to bond with lots of other student leaders.

The first day, the Dean of Students at Wayne State spoke to us about being an administrator, and that was really great because I want to be an administrator one day. The second day, Jocelyn Benson, the secretary of state, spoke to us and took a picture with our Executive Board. She answered some great questions about voter registration and we were so lucky to have her speak to us.

I am the University Affairs Chair, so I facilitated a breakout session amongst the 15 schools about Student Affairs issues. It was great and we really brainstormed some good ideas.

I am uploading a picture of the eboard with Jocelyn Benson soon. Have a great day every one!

It’s a GREAT day to be a BRONCO,
erin