Easter Celebration

Wow, this week has been a whirlwind. Luckily for me, I was able to see some of my family this weekend because of Easter! Visiting family over holidays always settles me down a little bit and helps to focus me on how important it is to take time to breathe, and appreciate the people around you. I had not seen my extended family since the summer, so this was really nice for me. My grandparents are incredible people; I look up to them a lot. (These ones are from my dad’s side, for clarification!) I will add on a picture below, just so you can get a nice visual of them.

That is one of the biggest changes in my demeanor I have noticed since beginning my collegiate career. It began with an overhaul of my perspective of my parents and the role they play in my life and me in theirs. Our relationship is made more so of a respect, where I tell them about my life and updates, but they do not chastise my choices or shortcomings. If I do not feel like I am doing well in a class, my dad/mom does not have their nose in my daily schedule asking me why I am not studying (rather than watching a third episode of Once Upon a Time in a row).

Now, that switch in viewpoint has expanded to my feelings toward my extended family. It can be very easy to feel like you need to constantly prove yourself to your extended family, especially when you only see them twice per year like me. Just recently, I have started to feel my mindset morph from that of a child to that of an adult. I feel much less dependent on my family and what they think of my decisions. It is very liberating!

This is just one of the many lifestyle modifications that I have put in place in the past two years. I have no doubt that it all has its roots in moving away to go to school. I am a strong advocate for students moving away from home for college, if the opportunity lends itself. It is such an influential experience.

Aren't they cute?

Aren't they cute?

As per the last 2 weeks, here is my countdown:

• Two math exams
  • One political science paper
  • One charity event for my internship

and

• One more event for my Fraternity
  • A choir concert

Woo-hoo!!! Almost there, and then: TAKE OFF!

With Bronco Love,

Jazz