Cinderella Project: Check!

Wow! This has been a whirlwind weekend for me! Not only on Friday did I get to have such an amazing event with my service fraternity, yesterday I had the second event for my marketing internship. This was “part two” of the Cinderella Project. Over 125 girls came to the event to receive dresses, jewelry, shoes, sashes, purses – and princess treatment, of course. The day was perfect.

This year was the first collaborative Cinderella Project in the Kalamazoo area of this nature. The three businesses who joined together as a task force were: Portage Community Center (me!), Memories Bridal and Evening Wear, and the Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan Kalamazoo Regional Center. Each girl who came in got a personal shopper while looking through about 1,000 dresses. I could not have been prouder of the work that was put into the event, and how rewarding it felt.

As each girl walked out, they could go to different booths that were set up with free goodies and go to workshops put on by the Girl Scouts.

If you are in the Kalamazoo County Area and have a dress to donate, Memories Bridal takes donations for the project year-round at their store! Memories is located downtown at 203 E Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007.

As per usual, here are some snapshots:

phpMQqwWMPM
phpeLbC7qPMphpogXc0RPM

The Countdown (look at how small it is getting!):

• Two math exams
  • One political science paper

&

• A choir concert

With Bronco Love,

Jasmine