Rainy Day? No Problem.

Hello, my Broncos.

Here we are, day after Memorial Day weekend. I had planned on having a lovely day on the sailboat with my family yesterday, but alas! It was cold and raining. So what did I do? Had some serious indoor adventures. Here is a list of all the best things to do on a rainy day.

1. Bake a cake with your friends. We substituted our vegetable oil for APPLESAUCE (right??), and milk for vanilla soy milk. It was the softest, most delightful cake I have ever concocted. And then, we put food coloring in our frosting and made pink AND teal AND purple frosting. We covered the cake in that, then doused the top in sprinkles. And then what did we do? We grabbed three forks, one for each person, and forgot the plates. Just three forks, a cake, and that was that.

2. Build a blanket fort. OH, just for children you say? Wrong! Young adults have the intellectual prowess and advanced knowledge of physics and geometry to build the best blanket/pillow fort in the world. The living room was covered, my friends. Transformed into a beautiful tent of quilts, pillows, sheets, blankies, afghans, and everything in between that is soft and cuddly.

3. Watch a movie you haven’t seen yet. We chose to watch “Perks of Being a Wallflower”, “Pride and Prejudice”, and “Brave”. All excellent movies, girly maybe, but still quality cinematic adventures. Plus, you can never go wrong with a movie!

4. Take a bath. Seriously, when is the last time you took a bath? So pull out those bubbles and that luxury soap, and have a blast. Gentlemen, don’t pretend like you’re too manly for a quality bubble bath. Might as well pamper yourself on that rainy day, you’ve got nothing better to do!

5. After you’ve taken your bath, made your pillow fort, baked your cake and have it sitting in front of you, movie’s playing, text your friends about the wonderful day you’re having. Because let’s be real: you have beaten the rainy day blues. This is the most perfect day ever.

Well, I’m afraid my wealth of advice has run out for the moment. You make the best out of those rainy days, Broncos. Catch you later!