Let me tell you about Shawarma…

Okay, Broncos.

All the blogs I’ve written previously? Child’s play to what’s about to come next.

Let’s talk about Shawarma.

Never heard of it? Only heard of it after seeing The Avengers? It’s time to change that.

Wikipedia states: Shawarma (Arabic: شاورماUrdu: شوارما‎) is a Levantine Arab[1][2] meat preparation, where lamb, chicken, turkey, beef, veal, or mixed meats are placed on a spit (commonly a vertical spit in restaurants), and may be grilled for as long as a day. Shavings are cut off the block of meat for serving, and the remainder of the block of meat is kept heated on the rotating spit. Although it can be served in shavings on a plate (generally with accompaniments), shawarma also refers to a sandwich or wrap made with shawarma meat. Shawarma is eaten with tabbouleh, fattoush, taboon bread, tomato, and cucumber. Toppings include tahini, hummus, pickled turnips and amba. It is now a fast-food staple worldwide.

Tamzipedia states: THE BEST FOOD YOU’VE EVER EATEN IN YOUR LIFE. WARNING! CAUSES INCESSANT CRAVINGS. BUT REALLY. THE CRAVINGS NEVER STOP. The perfect mixtures of flavor, the best smells you’ll ever experience, the most amount of food for the least amount of money. Did I mention it tastes good?

Let’s break it down. You can go to the local Shawarma King restaurant and get a shawarma sandwich (find Wikipedia description above). But that’s not all you get! You also get hummus and pita with the greatest garlic sauce ever. You can get a bowl of lentil soup, which is perfect for warming your tummy with golden goodness. You can get a fattoush salad, light and flavorful with the greatest dressing of all time. But you must, I repeat, must get falafel. This deep fried chickpea phenomenon is the onion ring of Middle Eastern food, the jalepeno popper of your Shawarma luncheon, the frosting on the proverbial cake, one might say.

I am in the process of leading all of my friends to this superior watering hole, the Shawarma King. Just last friday I took my long-time friend and co-worker Catherine for her first Shawarma experience. We are currently not talking, for she can’t decide if she wants to worship me or never talk to me again. Why, you ask? Because now all she craves is Shawarma. And this is not the last friend I will take there! Oh no. Delia and Sami are next…just you wait, ladies.

And that’s all I can say about that. If any of you Broncos are hungry out there…you know where to go.