Water Street Coffee

I love coffee. And I don’t mean coffee drinks that are 80% sugar–I wake up in the morning slowly and with a large cup of extra hot black coffee. And if I’m forced to go without, then my friends are forced to deal with a grouchy and very sassy Laura. But every now and then, I do have a craving for one of those delicious frilly lattes.

I’ve also come to appreciate coffee shops that are owned by small businesses over “big business” franchised ones. Luckily for me, there are a TON of small coffee shops all around Kalamazoo. One I’ve become particularly enamored with is Water Street Coffee Joint, based right out of Kalamazoo. Any time I have friends from out of town come to visit, I take them there, and they’re blown away! Everything is amazing, especially the Mocha Del Sol. It has just enough dark chocolate sweetness to win your taste buds over without sending you into a sugar coma (So it’s perfect for me!). It’s my absolute favorite!

Also, I definitely enjoy their baristas’ quirky senses of humor…

If it makes you laugh out loud, you owe them a tip.

If it makes you laugh out loud, you owe them a tip. Don’t worry, I did!