Undergraduate students who are currently attending other colleges or universities may apply for guest student status at WMU. Guest students must be in good academic standing (at least a 2.0 grade point average and eligible to return) at their colleges or universities. WMU offers a variety of courses to help guest students complete degrees at their primary institutions.
Guest application process
- Check WMU course offerings.
- Confirm with your home institution that the course(s) you plan to take at WMU will transfer back to your school.
- Print the Michigan Uniform Guest Application.
- Fill out "PART I" of the application.
- Take the application to the registrar (or officer at your school who processes guest applications) where "PART II" will be completed and signed.
- The application will then be sent from your home institution to the WMU Admissions Office.
Once your application is received in admissions, processing time is approximately two weeks. When processing is complete, you will receive a letter notifying you of your admission status and next steps information.