Transfer resources for Glen Oaks Community College
Glen Oaks Community College and Western Michigan University have a long history of transfer partnership. Our goal is to help you maximize your time at Glen Oaks so that your transition to WMU is as smooth as possible. This page directs you to online resources and real people in admissions and advising that care about your questions and want to help you succeed.
Visits at Glen Oaks Community College
Admissions representatives visit Glen Oaks regularly to meet with students. Take advantage of these opportunities to connect with us while we are conveniently in your area.
If you have questions, please call the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.
Campus visits at WMU
Complete the application for admission, your online scholarship application, and request official transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions by the priority deadline of January 15, 2017 to be considered for these competitive scholarships:
$6,500 Distinguished Community College Honors Award
$5,000 Community College Scholars Award
$4,500 Phi Theta Kappa Alumni Scholarship
WMU's Phi Theta Kappa Alumni chapter, Alpha of Michigan, invites you to join us for fun activities and volunteer opportunities that will positively shape your experience at WMU! The chapter strives to follow the four hallmarks: scholarship, leadership, fellowship and service. You can connect with us on Facebook or via email.
Review the following websites for deadlines and details:
Our transfer guides prepare Glen Oaks students for a number of specific majors at WMU. If your intended major is not listed, please connect with your WMU representative for further assistance.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Criminal Justice
- Elementary Education
- Exercise Science
- Fashion Merchandising and Design
- Freshwater Science Sustainability
- Interdisciplinary Health Services
- Political Science
- Secondary Education: Biology
- Secondary Education: Chemistry
- Secondary Education: Earth Science
- Secondary Education: English
- Secondary Education: French
- Secondary Education: German
- Secondary Education: History
- Secondary Education: Integrated Science
- Secondary Education: Math
- Secondary Education: Physics
- Secondary Education: Political Science
- Secondary Education: Social Studies
- Secondary Education: Spanish
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Sport Management
- Sustainable Brewing
- University Studies