Western Michigan University’s graduate Senior Citizens' Opportunity Program in Education offers persons, age 62 or older who have earned a bachelor’s degree (or higher), the opportunity to register for one graduate or undergraduate class each semester or session, tuition free*.
- Participants may register in one regularly scheduled class each semester or session on a seat-available basis.
- Specialized classes may not be made available to participants due to space availability.
- Registration is processed by the Registrar’s Office during the drop and add period (first week of classes)
- Students who wish to register for credit are not eligible for SCOPE.
- SCOPE participants do not have access to services available to typical students, such as student discounts, the Health Center and the Student Recreation Center.
- Special WMU identification cards are issued to SCOPE participants to allow access to the library and academic facilities necessary for class participation.
*Tuition is waived; however, parking fees and any special course fees will be assessed.