Art History Program Admission
Whether an incoming freshman or a transfer student, apply first to the office of undergraduate admissions and orientation. You may apply via WMU's undergraduate admissions website or call (269) 387-2000 for an application.
Frostic School of Art application process
Apply second to the Frostic School of Art. This can be done concurrently with the WMU application. Applicants must submit their statement to us online at frosticart.slideroom.com.
Having chosen the Frostic School of Art for your creative studies, we want to get a sense of who you are as a creative individual. The following guidelines for organizing your statement of intent should help you with the process.
- Statement: For application to the B.A. in Art History compose a brief statement (500-750 words) explaining why you would like to obtain a degree in art history. Also include a short analysis of any work of art that focuses on your power of observation and poetic descriptions. This should be written specifically for the application process and consist of no more than 750 words.
- Recommendation: A recommendation is required for all applicants to the Frostic School of Art. The online recommendation form should be completed by a person who is familiar with your artistic abilities (an art teacher, a counselor, an employer, a teacher, etc). The online recommendation form is located online, where you will be uploading your statement, in Slideroom.
Frostic School of Art application deadlines
October 1st (admission and freshman scholarship consideration)
February 1st (admission and freshman scholarship consideration)
April 1st (admission only)
May 31st (admission only)
Letter of notification
A letter of notification is sent to each applicant approximately four weeks after the application deadline informing you of the following action:
- Accepted, no reservations: You are accepted into the Frostic School of Art starting Fall semester.
- Acceptance denied: You are not admitted into the Frostic School of Art.
- Waiting list: When and if space becomes available, you will be notified of your acceptance.