Myriam Thyes and Flag Metamorphosis Project was selected for Day 3 of the "17 Days vol.1" group video exhibition that Adrianne Little curated in the spring of 2008. The Flag Metamorphosis Project is a global collaborative project, which continues to exhibit internationally. Thyes' goal for the project is that the flags of every nation in the world will transform into each other through flash animations.
Little, Assistant Professor of Photography and Intermedia, arranged with Thyes to offer her spring 2008 Web class to participate in the submission process for the project. From six student submissions, Thyes selected three students' Flash animations, which will begin to exhibit with the project as of April 2008. These three students are Sonya Mansour, Stacy Averill and Natalieann Rich. Thyes has created a website for the project that now includes the students' work.
The students' animations have been exhibited with the project at the following venues:
• Kunstverein Rhein-Sieg. | Siegburg Denmark
• Urban Screens program. Federation Square | Melbourne Australia
• ReAnimacja: International Animated Film Festival | Lodz Poland
• Building Paradise. 7+FIG Art Space | Los Angeles CA
• 17 Days (vol.1). The Fine Art Niche - University of Virginia | Charlottesville VA
• Algorithmia. Root Division Gallery | San Francisco CA
• 17 Days (vol.1). CEPA Gallery | Buffalo NY