The College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University values its employees and students. The college regularly honors and awards faculty and staff contributions, as well as student academic excellence and potential.
Note: College awards and scholarships are offered according to the dates published as long as funds are available. All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the college.
Student award programs and deadlines
- Diversity and Inclusion Awards Student Essay Award—Jan. 31
- Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Award—Jan. 31 and Sept. 30
Faculty awards and deadlines
- College Discovery and Dissemination Award—Jan. 31 and Sept. 30
- Diversity and Inclusion Faculty-Staff Recognition Award—Jan. 21
- Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Speaker Support Award—Oct. 31 and March 31
- Faculty Achievement Awards—Jan. 21
- Gender Scholar Award—Jan. 21, 2015
- Interdisciplinary Engagement—March 31 and Oct. 31
- Interdisciplinary Research Initiative Award—March 31 and Oct. 31
- International Event Support—March 31 and Oct. 31
- Women's Caucus professional development grants—suspended for the spring 2015 semester.
Part-time instructor awards and deadlines
- Part-Time Instructor Excellence in Teaching Award—March 14
- Teaching Development Award for Part-Time Instructors —Jan. 31 and Sept. 30
- Diversity and Inclusion Faculty-Staff Recognition Award—Deadline: Jan. 21
- Staff Excellence Award—Deadline: Jan. 21
- Staff Professional Development Award—Jan. 31 and Nov. 30