Gender Scholar Award
The Western Michigan University College of Arts and Sciences Women's Caucus announces the annual Gender Scholar Award.
- College of Arts and Sciences faculty (both emerging scholars and established faculty are encouraged to apply)
- Demonstration of excellence in gender-related research and scholarly activities
Entries are judged based on the overall quality of the work and contributions advancing knowledge in an area of research that has a gender focus.
The prize is $1000 and the winner will be asked to present her or his work during the spring semester to the WMU community.
Nov. 30, 5 p.m.
- 2017—Dr. Anise Strong, Department of History
- 2016—Dr. Tabassum Ruby, Department of Gender and Women's Studies
- 2015—Dr. Jennifer Machiorlatti, School of Communication
- 2014—Dr. Jean Kimmel, Department of Economics
- 2013—Dr. Ann Miles, Department of Sociology
- 2012—Dr. Jocelyn Steinke, School of Communication
- 2011—Dr. Daneen Wardrop, Department of English
- 2010—Dr. Chien-Juh Gu, Department of Sociology