Gender Scholar Award
The College of Arts and Sciences Women's Caucus announces the annual Gender Scholar Award.
- College of Arts and Sciences faculty (both emerging scholars and established faculty are encouraged to apply)
- Demonstration of excellence in gender-related research and scholarly activities
Entries are judged based on the overall quality of the work and contributions advancing knowledge in an area of research that has a gender focus.
The prize is $1000 and the winner will be asked to present her or his work during the spring 2014 semester to the WMU community.
Jan. 24, 2014
Professional development grants of up to $500 may be awarded to support full-time faculty who wish to present gender-based research, attend a gender-focused academic conference, or pursue leadership training for women.
- College of Arts and Sciences full-time faculty
- Documented plan to present gender-based research, attend a gender-focused academic conference, or pursue leadership training for women
- Faculty who have exhausted other sources of funding and who cannot complete the activity without additional support receive priority consideration
Up to $500 will be transferred to the research accounts of eligible applicants, contingent on available funds
Feb. 28 and Oct. 31, 2014