The Western Michigan University College of Arts and Sciences Strategic Plan calls for creating awards to recognize faculty contributions to the themes and commitments in the plan, including contributions of the faculty to the disciplinary and interdisciplinary teaching, research, creative activity, university professional and community service goals of the College.
All current, continuing board-appointed persons with faculty rank are eligible.
- An award of $1000 will be put in the departmental research account for the recipient to use in support of teaching, research or creative activity, travel, or professional development
- Each recipient may be invited to present a lecture, seminar, or lunch (brown bag) presentation to describe some aspect of teaching
- Each recipient will receive a plaque at a special celebration
- Up to three awards in each category may be made each year
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the College.
Faculty who have received a Faculty Achievement Award are not eligible to receive a subsequent award in the same category within five years.
This award will be offered for the deadline listed as long as funds are available.
- Faculty Achievement Award in Global Engagement
- Faculty Achievement Award in Professional and Community Service
- Faculty Achievement Award in Research and Creative Activity
- Faculty Achievement Award in Teaching
- Global Engagement
Dr. Patricia Montilla, Department of Spanish
- Professional and Community Service
Dr. Robert Felkel, Department of Spanish
Dr. Richard Gershon, School of Communication
- Research and Creative Activity
Dr. Autumn Edwards, School of Communication
Dr. Chad Edwards, School of Communication
Dr. Chien-Juh Gu, Department of Sociology
Dr. Natalio Ohanna, Department of Spanish
Dr. Whitney DeCamp, Department of Sociology
Annette Hamel, School of Communication
Dr. Pablo Pastrana-Pérez, Department of Spanish
Dr. Adrienne Redding, Department of English
Please do not hesitate to contact the College of Arts and Sciences dean’s office with any questions or concerns.