In light of the dramatic $1.907 million permanent budget reduction just sustained by the College of Arts and Sciences the Interdisciplinary Engagement Award will be suspended for fall 2013, effective immediately.
The College of Arts and Sciences Interdisciplinary Committee invites proposals from College of Arts and Sciences faculty members seeking funds to support activities that promote and support interdisciplinary engagement at Western Michigan University.
Up to $500 may be awarded by the committee for such activities as:
- Conference or workshop support at WMU
- Faculty/staff/student reading groups
- Visiting scholar events
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the College.
March 31 and Oct. 31
No late proposal applications will be considered.
This award will be offered for the deadlines listed as long as funds are available.
Applications should include:
- Name and department of the faculty member seeking the funds
- A description of the activity for which funds are sought, including expected completion dates and a clear explanation of how the activity enhances interdisciplinary engagement
- A budget and description of any additional funds that have been sought and/or received, e.g., departmental contributions
- An email or note from the requesting faculty member’s department chair acknowledging awareness of and support for this request
Please note that, if awarded, funds must be used by June 30 of the following calendar year.
College of Arts and Sciences Interdisciplinary Committee
2304 Friedmann Hall, Mail Stop 5308
Kalamazoo MI 49009-5308