Each year, the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan Universityrecognizes outstanding staff members who clearly stand out with exceptional work, and many contributions made to departments, the college and the University.
- Laura Decker, Department of English
- Lauretta Eisenbach, Department of Anthropology
- Andrew Phelps, College of Arts and Sciences information technology
- Sue Simons, Department of Mathematics
- Yumi Takahashi-Ede, College of Arts and Sciences Office of Undergraduate Advising
- Kathy Wright, Department of Geosciences
All clerical, technical, professional, and administrative staff currently serving in the College of Arts and Sciences who have completed at least one year of service to the college.
Each recipient will receive a plaque at a special celebration, along with a $1,000 award. The award will be based on outstanding service, including service to the University.
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the college.
This award will be offered for the deadlines listed as long as funds are available.
Nominations should include:
- Name and unit of the staff member and the nominator
- Number of years the nominee has been employed in the college
- Statement (500-800 words) detailing how the candidate has demonstrated excellence in the performance of her or his duties
Nominations may also include statements of support from staff colleagues, supervisors, students, etc. in the form of memos, letters and emails.
Ed Martini, Associate Dean
College of Arts and Sciences Office of the Dean
2304 Friedmann Hall, Mail Stop 5308
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5308