The College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University:
Is the largest of the WMU academic colleges
- Delivers about one half of the total WMU student credit hours.
- Has 330 tenure-track faculty in 26 departments. Find our faculty in the Pivot national database and in Scholarworks.
- Has more than 5,000 undergraduates with approximately 55 percent women and 10 percent minorities.
- Enrolls more than 1,200 graduate students with approximately 50 percent women and 10 percent minorities.
Creates a challenging and intellectually vital learning community
- Engages students and faculty alike in a continuing discourse.
- Provides a focus for being active, informed, productive, creative, open-minded, and ethically responsible citizens in a complex, multicultural, and rapidly changing world.
Cultivates engaged, global citizenship
- Provides high quality education in the liberal arts—bridging the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
- Creates, discovers and disseminates scientific, humanistic and artistic knowledge and expression.
- Fosters intellectual engagement and continuous discovery and learning.