The College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University cultivates engaged, global citizenship by:
- Providing high-quality education in the liberal arts—bridging the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
- Creating, discovering and disseminating scientific, humanistic and artistic knowledge and expression.
- Fostering intellectual engagement and continuous discovery and learning.
Vision of the College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences promotes and sustains an intellectually challenging, dynamic community that is nationally and internationally recognized for innovative researchers and life-long learners who:
- Value integrated knowledge, skills and creative methods.
- Apply these flexible, holistic approaches in a variety of life settings.