The Women's Caucus promotes an academic culture of inclusiveness at Western Michigan University in research, teaching, service and administrative work by:
- Focusing on issues involved in the recruitment and retention of women.
- Recognizing and encouraging the endeavors of women.
- Discussing special challenges that women face in the tenure and promotion process.
- Supporting the transition of qualified faculty members into administrative positions.
- Raising gender awareness among administrators, faculty members and students across campus.
Gender Scholar Award
Professional development grants
The Women's Caucus also offers professional development grants to support full-time faculty who wish to present gender-based research, attend a gender-focused academic conference, or pursue leadership training for women.
WMU faculty who wish to attend the Faculty Women of Color in the Academy conference at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, March 28-29, 2014 are encouraged to apply for a women's caucus professional development grant, due February 28. Learn more about the conference at http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu/WCA/
- Ms. Sue Ellen Christian, communication
- Dr. Susan Freeman, steering committee chair, gender and women's studies
- Dr. Chien-Juh Gu, sociology (on sabbatical, 2013-14)
- Dr. Cynthia Klekar, English
- Dr. Jane-Jane Lo, mathematics
- Dr. Susan Pozo, economics
- Dr. Rika Saito, world languages and literatures
- Dr. Anise Strong, history