The Women's Caucus promotes an academic culture of inclusiveness at Western Michigan University in research, teaching, service and administrative work by:
- Focusing on issues involved in the recruitment and retention of women.
- Recognizing and encouraging the endeavors of women.
- Discussing special challenges that women face in the tenure and promotion process.
- Supporting the transition of qualified faculty members into administrative positions.
- Raising gender awareness among administrators, faculty members and students across campus.
SAVE THE DATE! The Women's Caucus will be hosting a the campus visit by faculty diversity consultant and University of Michigan Professor of Psychology Denise Sekaquaptewa on Thursday, Feb. 4 at 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Location TBD.
Gender Scholar Award
- Sue Ellen Christian, steering committee co-chair, communication
- Cynthia Klekar Cunningham, steering committee co-chair, English
- Susan Freeman, gender and women's studies
- Chien-Juh Gu, sociology
- Emily Hauptmann, political science
- Jennifer Richardson, gender and women's studies
- Sylvia Rossbach, biological sciences
- Kelly Wittenberg, communication