The Women's Caucus promotes an academic culture of inclusiveness at Western Michigan University in research, teaching, service and administrative work by:
- Focusing on issues involved in the recruitment and retention of women.
- Recognizing and encouraging the endeavors of women.
- Discussing special challenges that women face in the tenure and promotion process.
- Supporting the transition of qualified faculty members into administrative positions.
- Raising gender awareness among administrators, faculty members and students across campus.
"The Relevance, Reward, and Risk of Feminist Activism in the Academy"
Thursday, February 8
1910 Sangren Hall
Gender Scholar Award
To further support and encourage these efforts, the Women's Caucus offers an annual Gender Scholar Award for College of Arts and Sciences faculty who demonstrate excellence in gender-related research and scholarly activities.
- Sue Ellen Christian, steering committee co-chair, communication
- Susan Freeman, gender and women's studies
- Chien-Juh Gu, steering committee co-chair, sociology
- Priscilla Lambert, political science
- Ana Popkova, communication
- Jennifer Richardson, gender and women's studies
- Sylvia Rossbach, biological sciences