The Women's Caucus promotes an academic culture of inclusiveness at Western Michigan University in research, teaching, service and administrative work by:
- Focusing on issues involved in the recruitment and retention of women.
- Recognizing and encouraging the endeavors of women.
- Discussing special challenges that women face in the tenure and promotion process.
- Supporting the transition of qualified faculty members into administrative positions.
- Raising gender awareness among administrators, faculty members and students across campus.
Gender Scholar Award
Professional and instructional development grants
The Women's Caucus also offers professional and instructional development grants to support full-time faculty who wish to present gender-based research, attend a gender-focused academic conference, or pursue leadership training for women.
- Sue Ellen Christian, steering committee co-chair, communication
- Susan Freeman, gender and women's studies
- Chien-Juh Gu, sociology
- Jean Kimmel, economics
- Cynthia Klekar, steering committee co-chair, English
- Jane-Jane Lo, mathematics
- Susan Pozo, economics (on sabbatical 2014-15)
- Rika Saito, world languages and literatures (on sabbatical 2014-15)
- Anise Strong, history