The College of Arts and Sciences advising office at Western Michigan University facilitates student success by creating an on-going partnership between students and advisors. Advisors provide knowledge regarding degree requirements, WMU resources and the value of a liberal arts education.
Our advising hours have been revamped beginning May 1, 2017.
Click below to set up an appointment in advance. If you need a same-day appointment, please call our office to see if any time slots are available.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday for Arts and Sciences majors. Click below to schedule an appointment. Note: if your major is through the School of Communication, click here to schedule an appointment with the Communication advisor.
What kind of appointment do I need?
- If you are a pre-health student (any major planning to attend dental, medical, pharmacy, physician assistant, physical therapy or veterinary school, but NOT nursing): choose "pre-health advising"
- If you are a pre-law student (any major planning to attend law school): choose "pre-law advising"
- If this is your FIRST semester at WMU and you have taken college classes AFTER graduating high school: choose "NEW Transfer to WMU" (choose pre-health or pre-law transfer option if applicable)
- If you are an athlete needing NCAA verification and advising: choose "General Education Advising" and answer YES when asked if you're an athlete.
- If you are in ROTC and need your 104-R form completed: choose "General Education Advising" and answer YES when asked about ROTC.
- If you have completed at least 88 credits: choose "Graduation Application"
- If you are on probation and need to meet with an advisor: choose "Probation Advising"
- If you have not applied or been accepted to WMU: choose "Prospective Student (not yet admitted)"
- If you were dismissed from WMU and want to return: call the office to set up an appointment after reading the Readmission process information
- If you have a bachelor's degree and need approval for a second bachelor's degree: choose "Second Bachelor's Degree Approval"
- If you are considering withdrawing from one or more courses: choose "General Education Advising" and answer YES when asked about withdrawal.
General office hours
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2318 Friedmann Hall
Using GPS to locate our office? Use the address below for the most accurate directions to Friedmann Hall:
1113 Van De Giessen Rd
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
- Applying for graduation
- Career paths
- Departments in the college
- General education and liberal education requirements
- Student Success Services
- Study abroad
WMU course registration
- Class lookup
- Guest application to attend a community college
Fill out a guest application in GoWMU by going to Academic Services on the Student home tab.
- Registration help
- Undergraduate catalog
- Broncoland tour of campus
- Bronco Card
- Disability Services for Students
- Student success guides
- Military guidance and mentorship
- Veterans affairs and services
- Parent and family services
- Student orientation
- Student conduct
- Western Edge