If you have been academically dismissed from Western Michigan University and wish to return to complete a degree in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Complete the University application for undergraduate readmission*
- Complete the College of Arts and Sciences application for readmission
Submit completed applications to:
College of Arts and Sciences Office of Advising
Western Michigan University
1903 W. Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5309
or drop off at 2318 Friedmann Hall (temporary location 2047 Moore Hall).
- If you last attended WMU four or more years ago, you may also apply for academic forgiveness
*The University Application for Undergraduate Readmission must be submitted to the Arts and Sciences Advising Office - not the Office of Admissions.
The decision to readmit is determined by the College of Arts and Sciences Readmission Committee or the WMU Office of Admissions. Petitioning for readmission does not guarantee automatic readmission to the University.
- Meet with one of the committee members listed on your acceptance letter. Deadlines for readmission appointments exist. Call (269) 387-4366 for college requirements.
- Meet with the departmental advisors for each of your intended major(s) and minor(s) to determine your eligibility to satisfactorily complete those programs. Individual academic departments may have specific requirements and restrictions for certain majors and minors.
- Request that an official copy of transcripts from other institutions be sent to the WMU Office of Admissions so that a credit evaluation can be completed.