Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5308 USA
- Noncommercial forms of external organizational communication by political actors, corporations and institutions
Dr. Keith Hearit is interim dean in the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University.
His research focuses on noncommercial forms of external organizational communication by political actors, corporations and institutions, particularly in those instances when they are accused of wrongdoing. In addition to publishing over 20 articles and book chapters, Dr. Hearit has authored one book, Crisis Management by Apology: Corporate Response to Allegations of Wrongdoing (2006), and has a second book in progress.
Hearit came to WMU in 1992 as a faculty member in the School of Communication, and has served as associate dean and dean of the Lee Honors College (2006-09) and vice provost for enrollment management (2007-12). He has served on a variety of committees including the:
- Undergraduate Studies Council
- College of Arts and Sciences Assessment Committee
- College of Arts and Sciences Promotion Committee
- Medallion Scholarship Committee
- National Collegiate Athletic Association Recertification Committee
- Faculty Senate
Hearit received the college Faculty Achievement Award for Teaching in 2003. During the 2013-14 academic year, Hearit was selected to serve as a Fellow of the American Council on Education and was placed with the chancellor of Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis.