Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Western Michigan University College of Arts and Sciences. There are several ways in which you can complete a gift transaction. The most common gift is a cash gift, however gifts may be given in the form of personal property, real estate, stock, bonds or insurance policies. The giving of an appreciated asset can save the donor many dollars in taxes.
Types of gifts
Your gift to the college can be general or specific:
- A gift to the Dean's Discretionary Fund directs funds where it is needed the most in the college.
- A gift to the Dean’s Excellence Fund funds on- and off-campus academic and experiential activities for students throughout the college.
- Your gift may be designated for an individual department, program, endowment or scholarship.
- Special projects that your contributions can make possible, including:
- Faculty chairs (positions)
- Research support for undergraduates
- Special facilities
Ways to give
Gifts and donations can be made by:
- Online using a credit card
- Electronic bank transfer
- Check. Make check payable to the WMU Foundation and write College of Arts and Sciences in the memo section. If you are designating your gift to a specific department, program or project, please include that name in the memo section. Mail check to:
WMU Foundation Gift Processing
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5403
For more information, please contact WMU's Office of Development and Alumni Relations.