Greetings from Friedmann Hall. November 2013 marks the midpoint of the implementation of Western Michigan University's College of Arts and Sciences 2012-15 Strategic Plan. The CAS Strategic Plan Progress Report is a summary of progress that lists accomplishments across the six strategic priorities of our plan. In this report you will discover that we have made good progress on numerous year two implementation priorities including:
- Further development of the College of Arts and Sciences advocacy agenda
- Continued expansion of global and international learning opportunities
- Further development of our comprehensive technology plan
- Development and implementation of the college's Strategic Enrollment Management Plan (both for undergraduate and graduate students)
- Increased emphasis on the critical role of liberal arts and sciences across the curriculum
- Continued progress to foster a culture of innovation, diversity, flexibility, transparency and responsiveness in the college
The CAS WMU Strategic Plan Alignment Report highlights the objectives and accomplishments associated with the College of Arts and Sciences Strategic Plan that most clearly align with the pillars of the Western Michigan University Strategic Plan. CAS is very proud to be learner centered, discovery driven and globally engaged!
Finally, in our ongoing effort to elevate the College of Arts and Sciences, we have been focused on branding CAS physical space to build a sense of unity and identity in the college (Strategic Plan Objective A3). The initial phase of completing Objective A3 involves giving CAS a visual element that will create quick and easy recognition of the College of Arts and Sciences. This visual element is intended to show the cohesive and dynamic nature of our college. Moving forward, we will slowly start integrating this visual element as a way to help our students and the entire WMU community easily identify CAS as a college.
As we move into the second half of the three-year strategic plan implementation, including a comprehensive review of the plan to begin in January, I want to thank each of you for the wonderful contributions you make to the college. Your collective work and dedication to our students make CAS a great college!
With sincere regards,
Dr. Alex Enyedi, Dean