As part of its commitment to increase access to international education, the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University invites qualified undergraduates to apply for funds to help support their study abroad experience.
- Applied directly to the student’s WMU account
- The number of qualified applicants and the availability of funds will determine how many awards are made
- Up to $1000 based on need and merit
- Are willing to be called upon to share about their study abroad experience with other WMU students in the future
- Be a WMU undergraduate in good standing
- Be enrolled during the term for which funds have been requested
- Completed at least 15 credit hours within the college
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Have a declared major within WMU’s College of Arts and Sciences
- Plan to complete a study abroad or international internship
Submit by Feb. 15 or Oct. 15 for a WMU-sponsored program to be completed within 18 months of the application deadline. No late applications will be considered.
Submit the following materials in one envelope to the College of Arts and Sciences Office of the Dean, 2304 Friedmann Hall by the deadline.
- Completed and signed application form
- Arrange for the completed and signed faculty sponsor form to be submitted to the College of Arts and Sciences Office of the Dean, 2304 Friedmann Hall by the deadline.
- An up-to-date unofficial transcript (printed from GoWMU)
- Program budget: Must be an official budget from the study abroad program’s online brochure, available through Broncos Abroad. Contact a study abroad specialist at (269) 387-5890 with any questions about locating the correct budget.
- Personal statement that addresses the academic and personal benefits you believe that you will derive from the experience: (a) How/Why the award will assist you in being able to participate in your education abroad program and (b) The relevance of the study abroad program to your academic endeavors.
2304 Friedmann Hall, Mail Stop 5308