About the KAC
Information about the services provided by the KAC can be requested by completing the Contact Us form or by calling (269) 459-7821.
Western Michigan University's Kalamazoo Autism Center collaborates with the Department of Psychology to provide therapeutic services to children and young adults, ages 2-21. We have recently opened a new building at 4200 S Westnedge Ave in Kalamazoo and are accepting new clients!
We provide Applied Behavior Analytic services in the following areas:
- Pre-academic (learning to learn) skills
- Communication skills
- Group skills
- Play skills
- Daily-living skills
- Vocational skills
- Severe behavior services
- Parent training
- And more!
Mission and Values
- Mission: To improve the lives of individuals and families affected by autism and other developmental disabilities by providing evidence-based treatment and therapy based on their individual needs.
- Client-centered: At the Kalamazoo Autism Center, we take an individualized approach to treatment. Treatment is tailored to each client’s behavior and parents are included on decisions related to therapeutic approach.
- Research-driven: Because The Kalamazoo Autism Center stresses the importance of evidence-based research, we also encourage clients to become involved in university-approved research.
- Evidence-based: The Kalamazoo Autism Center only implements treatments that are Applied Behavior Analytic in nature and those that have basis for use in the scientific literature.
- Community-engaged: The Kalamazoo Autism Center strives to maintain connections to our families and community partners, as these are the foundational supports for our clients.
We look forward to meeting you!
Becky Eldridge, PhD, BCBA-D
Kalamazoo Autism Center
Western Michigan University