Hall of Honor
Respect, esteem, regard, dignity, and distinction. These are all synonyms for honor, and words that define the people who share the tribute of being part of Western Michigan University's College of Aviation Hall of Honor.
In order to be considered for the award, a person must be either:
- A graduate of the WMU aviation program who has achieved high levels of success in their chosen careers/personal lives.
- A faculty/staff member, industry/organization, or individual who have provided significant contributions to the quality and success of WMU's aviation programs through exemplary instruction, research, service, leadership, support, or philanthropic donations.
Once nominated, each individual must meet several criteria to be considered for selection. In addition to their affiliation to the university, each member must have demonstrated:
- Excellence in the aviation industry over time
- Exemplary contributions in their chosen specialties or profession
- Service to the university or college
- Service to the nation or community
- Contribution to humanity
Selection for this award will be made by members of the Hall of Honor committee with approval of the COA dean.