Kendall Teacher Scholars Scholarship Fund
What is the Kendall Teacher Scholars Scholarship Fund?
Through the generosity of the Roy and Beulah Kendall estate, an endowment was established to create and sustain the Western Michigan University Kendall Teacher Scholars Scholarship Fund. This scholarship, administrated by WMU-Battle Creek with oversight by a steering committee composed of University and community representatives, will provide tuition reimbursement to eligible Battle Creek area teachers who meet scholarship criteria.
Funds are available to applicants actively teaching full-time in any of the Calhoun County public or private schools serviced by the Calhoun Intermediate School District. This scholarship applies only to coursework offered through WMU-Battle Creek located at the Kendall Center.
General Scholarship Criteria
- Applicants must be admitted to, or actively pursuing, a graduate degree in K-12 education, and/or taking coursework approved by an (education) advisor, and appropriate to a degree directly related to K-12 teaching, counseling, or administration. Scholarships are also available for applicants completing coursework as a part of professional development or enrichment programs, appropriate to K-12 education.
- Applicants must have current State of Michigan Teacher Certification.
- Applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.20, if there is no history of graduate work, to qualify for this scholarship.
- Only coursework receiving a 3.00 GPA or higher will be eligible for reimbursement.
- Up to six (6) hours will be reimbursed for any given semester, with no more than nine (9) reimbursed each academic year.
Three (3) times per year (Eligible semesters include fall, spring, and summer II.)
- Formal applications for scholarships awarded for each academic semester must be received by WMU-Battle Creek approximately five (5) weeks prior to the start of each semester. Awards will be announced approximately two (2) weeks prior to the official start of the semester.
- Due on May 13 by 5 p.m.
- Application and form must be either mailed or dropped off to the Kendall Center
- Download a copy of the application