U.S. News & World Report has designated Western Michigan University a top national university for 27 consecutive years and has placed it in the top-tier of those universities since 2011. The following points of pride of the Haworth College of Business reveal our quality programs, respected faculty and the reasons why the college of business is the right choice for you and your future!
- Named a top sales program in the nation by the Sales Education Foundation, the college’s sales and business marketing program has earned this designation 11 times. Study.com ranks the program No. 1 in the country.
- The integrated supply management program is ranked in the top 10 nationally for undergraduate education by Gartner and No. 2 for supply chain talent by SCM World.
- A team of three food and consumer package goods marketing students claimed first place in the 2017 National Grocers Association Student Case Study Competition.
- An advertising and promotion student was selected to participate in the American Advertising Federation’s Most Promising Multicultural Students Program for 2017.
- An integrated supply management student received a coveted $10,000 national scholarship awarded by the Industrial Supply Association.
- A team of sales and business marketing students placed third overall at the University of Toledo Invitational Sales Competition.
- A food and consumer package goods marketing and integrated supply management student was named Trailblazer of the Year as a part of a program honoring student leaders.
- The finance program continues to be recognized by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute and offers advanced preparation for students to become licensed in securities trading.
- Accountancy students traveled to help rural Alaskans complete tax returns.
- Business law and business analytics majors launched in fall 2016.
- Bronco Force and BroncoConnect provide students with the opportunity to consult and work with companies.
- WMU’s Starting Gate, a business accelerator where students can access resources to develop and grow their own businesses, has served more than 55 companies.
- The Greenleaf Trust Trading Room, a state-of-the-art trading lab, gives students valuable hands-on learning experience in financial trading and the study of market trends.
- The Student Professional Readiness Series program was launched to provide students with opportunities to engage in co-curricular experiences.
- The college offers $140,000 in study abroad scholarships and more than 15 business-specific study abroad programs.
- Students in business information systems have opportunities to earn industry-specific certifications and trainings as part of their degrees.
- Nearly 4,000 students choose to study business at the college each year.
- 1,284 interviews took place in 2016 with employers seeking Business Broncos for full-time and internship opportunities.
- There were 15,541 student interactions with employers in 2016.
- 95 percent of students surveyed within three months of graduation reported they were actively engaged in full-time employment, continuing education, military service, part-time employment, self-employment or post-graduate internship or fellowship.