"I attribute much of my success in school to the knowledge of and use of the Communication Center." - Sean Perkins.
The communication center is a place where pre-business, professional-level B.B.A, MBA and M.S.A. students can go for help in strengthening and professionalizing oral, visual and written communication skills - for assignments, scholarship or graduate school applications, employment opportunities, or any other situation in which you want to stand out!
The services are provided at no cost to all Haworth College of Business students in the center, which is located in rooms 3435 and 3445 of Schneider Hall.
How to get help
First create an account on the online appointment system (if this is your first visit to the center)
Then, schedule your appointment at www.wmich.mywconline.net. Appointments are 30 minutes in length. If you are scheduling to practice a presentation longer than 10 minutes, consider scheduling two back-to-back appointments.
What to Bring with You (as relevant)
- A clear idea of what you want to work on
- The course syllabus
- Assignment instructions
Class notes relevant to the assignment
- A hard copy of any written work you want reviewed
- USB drive for a copy of the video of your practice presentation
What to Expect
The focus and result of your session depends on the stage of your message development process. Consultants are prepared to assist you with:
- Conceptualizing or exploration of ideas
- Understanding of focus, purpose, audience, and voice
- Creative and critical thinking
- Information gathering
- Organization and content development
- Written and/or oral language skills
- 3445 Schneider Hall
- Phone: (269) 387-6414