Students on probation or extended probation who fail to achieve at least a 2.00 GPA for the enrollment period, or students on final probation who fail to achieve a 2.00 overall GPA, will be dismissed from Western Michigan University. Students who have been dismissed from WMU are expected to remain out at least one full 15-week (fall or spring) semester. Students may apply for readmission through the college advising office or the WMU Office of Admissions. Applying for readmission does not guarantee readmission to the University.
Applications for readmission to either the pre-business administration program or the Bachelor of Business Administration program are reviewed by the director of advising and admissions for the Haworth College of Business.
Requests for readmission into the pre-business program require consideration of the likelihood of a student achieving and maintaining academic good standing (minimum of 2.00 GPA) for the University, as well as the likelihood of a student achieving the minimum of 2.50 overall grade point average that is required for admission to the B.B.A. program.
Requests for readmission into the B.B.A. program, and enrollment in 3000- or 4000-level business courses require consideration of the likelihood of a student achieving and maintaining academic good standing (minimum of 2.00 GPA).
Dismissed students who wish to apply for readmission into the Haworth College of Business should:
- Complete and submit an application for undergraduate readmission. Visit the WMU admissions office for an application, instructions and additional information.
- Attach a type-written essay (maximum of two pages) which includes a statement of your educational and career goals, an explanation of the circumstances that led to your dismissal and a detailed summary of any steps you have taken to change or alter these circumstances and resolve your past academic difficulties. Include appropriate documentation when available.
- Attach a copy of transcripts from any other institutions you have attended since you were dismissed from WMU. Note: Because grades do not transfer from other institutions, your WMU grade point average will not be affected by any transfer work.
- Make an appointment to meet with the director of advising and admissions for the Haworth College of Business: (269) 387-5075.
Readmission applications will not be considered unless all of the above materials are provided.
- The deadline for applying for readmission for the fall semester is July 15.
- The deadline for applying for readmission for the spring semester is Oct. 31.
- Because it is not in the student’s best interest, readmission is generally not granted for summer I or II sessions.
Readmission applications should be mailed to:
Office of Advising and Admissions
Haworth College of Business
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5411
Applications may also be dropped off in person at the Office of Advising and Admissions, 2130 Schneider Hall.