Career advising services
In the career center, we assist students and recent alumni through the career development process. Career advising is available to all undergraduate and graduate business students, as well as recent alumni who are launching their first professional job.
All alumni (regardless of graduation date) are welcome to use our online services; including BroncoJOBS, to apply for job postings. Alumni may also attend our career fairs and download our career development guides.
Students and alumni can meet with a career development specialist during:
- Drop-in hours (20-minute, first come, first served appointments): Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., or
- A pre-scheduled 30- or 50-minute appointment
Career development and preparation assistance
Career development and preparation can be defined in three categories: self-assessment and exploration, networking and the internship/job search process.
Quick career guides
- Pre-business administration Career Exploration Guide
- B.B.A. Career Development Guide
- MBA Career Management Guide
Self-assessment and exploration
- Assessing your personality, interests, skills, and values through career assessments
- Selecting a business major and/or career pathway
Internship and job search process
- Resumes and cover letters
- References and recommendations
- Career fair preparation
- Internship and/or job search techniques and negotiation techniques
- Employment and salary data
- Career resources for veterans
- Career resources for international students
- Career resources for MBA and M.S.A. students
Career development specialists are also prepared to discuss the many career programs available to business students. By attending career programs business students are able to explore different majors and careers and network to find an internship or job.
Like us on Facebook for career tips and program announcements.