Major changes were made to the Campus Classic race course for 2012 to accommodate what has become one of the largest 5K races in Michigan.
About one-half of the 5K race route is on the West Campus Ring Road—Rankin Avenue, Goldsworth Drive, North Dormitory Road, West Michigan Avenue and Western Avenue, where the race starts and ends at the recreation center.
Stay in the right-hand lane!
Runners will use the inside lane, running clockwise.
Vehicles will use the outside lane, and traffic will be one way, counterclockwise.
Instuctions for 5K runners
- Most of the 5K course is on roads. Stay in the right-hand lane on all roads.
- Except for the designated sidewalk portion of the course, marked in blue on the map, do not run on sidewalks.
- Runners unable to continue running may move to adjoining sidewalk and walk until able to rejoin the run.
- 7 a.m.—Free race parking is available until 11:30 a.m. in the parking ramp on West Michigan Avenue across from the Student Recreation Center.
- 7 a.m.—Race-day registration and packet pickup at the Student Recreation Center indoor tennis courts until 9 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m.—1K Fun Run begins in Lot 13 in front of the Student Recreation Center on Western Avenue. No pets allowed.
- 9:15 a.m.—5K Run and Walk begin in front of the Student Recreation Center on Western Avenue. No pets allowed.
- 10:15 a.m.—5K course re-opens to cars. Walkers still on the course should move to the sidewalk to finish the course.
- 10:15 a.m.—Awards ceremony and refreshments at the Student Recreation Center indoor tennis courts.