Campus Employment for Students

 On-campus job search

  • Have your resume and cover letter reviewed in the Career Zone.
  • Find an on-campus job in BroncoJOBS

Important information about BroncoJOBS: WMU will be transitioning to Handshake software to manage BroncoJOBS in May 2015.  The new BroncoJOBS interface is customized for your academic profile and interests. The platform includes a mobile app for easy access to internships, jobs and campus events. All students and recent alumni will have access to Handshake's modern and intuitive features. The platform will be available in May and you will receive an e-mail inviting you to join Handshake.  In the meantime, save any BroncoJOBS documents (resumes, cover letters, writing samples,etc.) to your devices. Documents uploaded on the current system will not be available after June 1, 2015. 

BroncoJobs for Students button

Applying for on-campus jobs

  •  All Western Michigan University departments accept the Universal Student Employment Application form. Complete a separate application for each department and position. Some job postings may not require an application form. Some departments may require additional application materials. Several of the larger campus employers (such as libraries, food service, and recreation center) provide their own application. Check department websites for details.
  • Apply directly to the WMU department following the instructions given in the job posting. Some may request a phone call, a mailed or faxed application form, or ask applicants to stop by in person. Many departments post their jobs on their own websites. Use the University Directory to access these websites.
  • You don't need to wait for jobs to be posted on BroncoJOBS to circulate the on-campus application form. Just send the application or visit any department in which you have an interest, and ask the department to keep the application on file.

Universal Student Employment Application